air is thin and
Make More Possible.
Welcome to the Telluride Foundation. Since 2000, we’ve provided support to help ensure that this beautiful mountain area thrives for years to come. We supply the region with the resources necessary to improve the quality of life and meet the challenges of today and tomorrow. While Telluride connects us to nature with exceptional sights and activities, the Foundation connects the entire region to create a tight-knit community. If you share our passion for this place we all call home, you’re in good company. We’d love to talk.
The Box Canyon.
It takes the entire region to make Telluride the magnificent place that it is. Our community includes a diverse group of individuals-- from ranchers in the west end town of Paradox, to die-hard ski enthusiasts in Telluride, to second home-owners in Mountain Village, to the retired miners in Ouray. To transform our community into a better place for the long-term, the Foundation takes on difficult regional issues that need our leadership and risk tolerance as its initiatives. We think beyond our three canyon walls to the places that help Telluride thrive. By coming together as a community, we can make more possible.
- Granted over $35 million since our inception in 2000.
- Founded on the principle of giving while living, every donor’s dollar is put to work today.
- In 2014, we awarded over $2.9 million in grants.
- Recognized nationally as the fourth most active grant maker in the country.
- In 2014, granted over $1 million to local nonprofits.